There is a peace in my heart that runs deep today. Praise God for whom all blessings flow! It would be easy for me to grow mad at the fact that we are in the middle of another waiting period but this time around everything feels different. I don't really feel like I am in a holding pattern but I feel I am right where God wants us.
The following is a list of things I enjoy right now in this season of my life. I call it my living in the moment list. It's very helpful to have a list like this handy for those days where the peace is not running so deep.
1. Walks & Talks with Jeff- every afternoon Jeff and I walk our neighborhood. We have one rule and that is we are supposed to talk. Jeff is a very quiet person by nature so this has been fun to hear his thoughts as we walk and talk.
2. Reading a Good Book- I love a good book, something I can sink my teeth into and turn off the day with.
3. Prayer Journal- going back and reading my heart and how God has transformed my prayers has been a real blessing. I can see we are right where we need to be and look forward to how God is using this time to grow and transform us.
4. Feeling Crafty- I went through a crafting hiatus when I thought we were about to move. I am starting to feel the creative juices flow again and can't wait to spend a good chunk of my evening one night getting crafty.
5. Hanging with friends (big & small) - I have some great friends and these friends have some fun kiddos. Jeff and I are not one of those couples who hates being around kids. In fact, we find much joy in sitting outside and talking to our little friends. The things that come out of our little friends mouths are HILARIOUS and keeping us laughing for days.
6. Learning new things- I love to try new things. Right now I am learning to bake new things like bread and fancy snacks. Lots of fun but not very good for the diet. Praise God for freezers to store them in. :)
7. Redecorating- for so long I have been waiting for us to move and have missed opportunities to nest in my place. This past week I went to World Market and had one of those moments where my decorating surges went into overdrive. I decided to take the money that I had set aside to decorate up our home and use a little of it for the apartment. As my friend Andrea says, "Surround yourself with the things you love." (I will share a blog post when I finish, promise)
8. Serving God in the moment- It would be easy for me to grow bitter and nasty for the waiting period but instead I am open to wherever God leads. I believe that because my heart is open, God has opened up many opportunities for me to serve Him in the waiting. I praise God for these opportunities to look beyond myself and bless others. This to me is one of the greatest joys I have found over the past few years.
There you have it- a little glimpse into the things that make me happy.
God is blessing our journey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I think I need to be one of the #5's in a just a few weeks... pretty please?
Post a Comment