I hate water bugs. They are gross and apparently they have decided that my bathroom is a nice place to dwell. This of course leaves me no choice but to send them to Thy Maker.
The First Incident:
It was a Friday night and Jeff and I were chilling at the house. I walked into the bathroom, set down to do my buz-ness and right at my feet was the first of the nasty offenders. I screamed loud. lifted my legs and begged Jeff to come save me. Thankfully I scared myself from having to do any buz-ness. Jeff says come out and I will take care of it. With one eye looking over my shoulder, I ran out of the bathroom while trying to pull up the pants. The blasted thing charged after me! I screamed and heard a loud WHAP! Jeff aka knight in shining armor whacked it with his shoe. I will never complain again when he leaves his shoes in the middle of the floor.
Jeff said later that he was surprised I was scared of bugs after spending my summers at Camp Deer Run. Water bugs and I are not friends!
The Second Incident:
Tuesday morning I was up before the sun heading to the summer bible study. I had just taken off my glasses when I saw something scurry on the bathroom floor. I quickly grabbed the glasses, since I am blind as a bat. This was the day I realized that my bathmat is the exact color of a water bug. I heard it move across the floor (isn't that gross?) and told myself to be a big girl and kill it...since Jeff was not home yet. I grabbed the roach spray and doused the bug's general area in poison. The result was a water bug spinning out of control. This bug was not as smart as it's friend and ran into the bathtub. I sprayed it some more and enjoyed watching it die. No that's not true, I grabbed the broom and dust pan and picked it up and flopped it into the toilet with my eyes closed. A flush for good luck and away it went...TO THY MAKER!
Now every time I go to the bathroom I turn on the lights and wear my glasses (if my contacts are out). This of course makes the middle of the night potty breaks a little rough since I am one who is blind without contacts or glasses. As I walk to the bathroom I say a quick prayer "Dear Lord, please keep the water bugs from my path tonight!"
Thankfully the bug man is coming today to aid our efforts in clearing out the water bugs.
Bug man=my second knight in shining armor.
Thank you and good night.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This made me giggle - and I'd be right there with ya, friend!
Post a Comment