Monday, October 19, 2009

Feeling Disconnected

I am not really sure when it started, I just started to pull away.

I no longer feel the urge to share the tidbits of my life nor the lessons God has laid on my heart. Instead, I want to hold all of these close to my heart for my own personal pondering. Along the way I picked up other hobbies non computer oriented. I fell in love with reading again and now will read one to two books weekly. I started to study my Bible and memorize scripture like I have never done in the past. I started decorating my Bloom Where I am Planted apartment and have fallen head over heals in love with Apartment One-Oh-Nine. All of these things have kept me away from the blog world and I have not really missed it.

Two weeks ago, Jeff and I went on the trip of our lives. I think the thing I loved most about this trip is that it was a spur of the moment destination. I did not plan every detail, rent books about the location nor ask for feedback from my friends for things to do and see. I was completely clueless until two hours before we left town on where we were going. All I knew is that I needed to pack layers on the off chance that our final stop was cold. We headed to San Diego, Jeff's hometown. I spent the week learning about my husband's childhood. His favorite restaurant growing up (unfortunately, I hated it), went to his favorite thinking spot out on the ocean, walked around a fountain that he ran around chasing birds as a little boy. I saw both his parents childhood homes. I saw the place that his dad took his mom on their first date when they were in high school. I lived fully in the moment and it was fabulous.

During that week, Jeff and I turned off our cell phones, unplugged completely from facebook, email and the blog world. It was the icing on the cake for one of the best Young Family road trips ever.

Completely unplugging that week has made my reentry to the real world a bit unnerving. There is a part of me that would love to share with you in pictures our adventure. And another part of me wants to hold this trip close to my heart a bit longer and cherish the memories bouncing in my head. I want to spend the limited amount of free time soaking up and living in the moment instead of looking at life like another opportunity for blog material.

I honestly don't know where to go with this but I am going to take it one day at a time. Forgive me if I am absent from all forms of social networking outlets over the next few weeks. I need a little bit of time to enjoy my life on the other side of the computer screen.

I am in a good place and am looking forward to what each new day brings.

Thank you Lord for opening my heart to letting go and living in the moment, one day at a time.

6 comments:

LlamaJ said...

I've definitely missed reading your posts. But I understand what you are describing. Whatever decision you make, we love you either way. :)

The McCarter Family said...

3 words: I love this!

Natalie said...

I understand completely, for we've been "off-line" for a couple of weeks too. But in an effort to keep you from becoming a complete hermit, we need to go for a girls' lunch or coffee next week. :)

HolyMama! said...

Way to go! Sounds wonderful!

Robyn Rochelle E.Cox said...

i think if i knew you in 'real world time' you would be a good friend.
Thank you for sharing -- i wonder how many people have felt this same way over the past 3 or 4 months... i know i did
don't know you well - but i prayed for you today - cuz' well The Lover Of My Soul knows you really well and He wanted me to. :-)

Maurine said...

Mmm... touche!

Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.