Oh the joys of morning sickness...
Morning sickness and I have a love/hate relationship.
I love that I am sick since that is something I prayed I would be able to experience. I hate that the "sick" feeling lasts all day long.
I love that I work at home so that I can "get sick" in the privacy of my own home. I hate that when I drive my car these days, I have to carry a bag with me for those moments I can't pull over.
I love knowing that the Little Youngster is healthy but am looking forward to the day where I can keep food down for more than 5 minutes.
This week I start my 11Th week. I am praying that there will be light at the end of the tunnel soon. Yet at the same time, I am thankful that I am finally able to experience the joys of pregnancy. Even if it means the porcelain throne is my home away from home.
Many of my friends have given me some great tips on things that helped them. I have tried them all but none seem to work as well as what I found last night.

I found a box of these cookies at my in law's house and helped myself to a few. They are delicious and do the trick. Of course, I should have known that the Youngster would love cookies. Baby's Daddy is a huge fan of sweet treats too!
And on a bit of a side note, I want to say something to those of you who wish you could experience morning sickness but haven't had a chance. I still have many friends in my life who are praying for a baby. I always hated when people would complain about their pregnancy woes because I would think "Really? You are going to complain when you have all that you have ever wanted, a baby." I would have given nothing to be in their shoes. In fact, I wouldn't trade this part of my journey with anyone because it just means that God has heard my cried and blessed us. I am truly thankful for this opportunity but for the sake of documenting my journey, keep it real as well.
Yesterday in church we sang one of my all time favorite songs, I Stand In Awe of You. Needless to say, I cried like a baby as I thought about all the ways I stand in awe of God in this season of my life. There have been many prayers answered in all areas of my life and I can only give God the glory. I hope that as I continue to document our baby journey, even the not so fun parts, that you will hang with me. My goal is to give God the glory every step of the way yet keep it real for my own memory sake.
And one last thing about morning sickness.
I love that I have lost 10 pounds since I have been pregnant, courtesy of my trips to the porcelain throne.
6 comments:
Ginger altoids helped me a lot, too. and yes....I too remember a love hate relationship with the "sick ick" ... I wanted to be pregnant for so long....but being sick for so long is not exactly fun, either. But I kept reminding myself that each sick was a reminder that YES, I REALLY AM GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BABY! WOO HOO! God's blessings to you!
I think the morning sickness started going away for me around the 12th week both times. So hopefully you're close!
Susan, Susan, Susan. You have found the nectar of the gods in cookie form. Carr's ginger lemon cremes are my splurge of splurges. And how upset I am with myself that I never used them as a morning sickness remedy. You go girl! Genius!
Ok, I was SICK SICK SICK with both, so here are my helpful hints. Granted, they were never CURES, just sometimes helped.
-chewy sweet tarts
-Preggie Pops (if I popped one in when I FIRST started feeling sick, helped sometimes)
-slowly sipping OJ
That is all I ever found that made even a dent in the yuckiness. Good luck. And YAY FOR YOU for your great attitude!!! Love ya!
I think I found your 10 pounds!!! :)
It WILL pass eventually! :) I totally understand the love/hate relationship! :) Hang in there!
5 pounds! Poor girl... it will pass soon hopefully... Knowing you're so happy in your sickness... ~ kim
Post a Comment