Today is Jeff's 40th birthday!
I asked him today if he felt old. He's reply, "No, not yet."
I found this picture the other day of he and our nephew Jacob back in October. We had borrowed Jacob for the day and took him on an adventure to the Stockyards. It may not look like it in the picture but Jacob LOVES his Uncle and the two had a great time together exploring. Jacob has nicknamed Jeff, "Tess." Not sure where that one came from but it is one of Jeff's favorite things to hear the little man say. In fact, my sister in law was telling me that "Tess" even has his own chair at their house. Jacob will point to one chair and say "Daddy's chair" and then point to another chair and say "Tess's chair." Mere, I am sorry there is no "Mommy's chair."
I may have mentioned before (or maybe it was on Facebook) that Jeff and I are now communicating via email when he is at work. Since I am so close to my due date this will help him know that when he sees my number pop up on the cell phone that I mean business. Anyway, the point is that I sent him an email last night at midnight telling him the 40 reasons why I love him. I thought I would share it with you today but decided against it because really, it means more to Jeff than I know it will mean to you.
But here are 10 of my favorite things from that list. (the not so mushy stuff, to keep you all from gagging)
1. Your love for Van Halen
2. Your raunchy one liners that you say to shock me and then follow up with "Post that on Facebook." You know there is no way I could repeat what you just said in public.
3. You have only called in sick 3 times to work in the 11 years I have known you. Amazing!!
4. You taught me to live in the moment and enjoy every day to the fullest.
5. Your love for travel. We have great road trips.
6. You already have Andrew's first road trip planned. I can't wait to travel as a family of 3.
7. Your willing heart to serve at church. I love watching you serve in Children's church---you are their Pied Piper
8. You are a loyal Charger fan!
9. You love family traditions. (see above)
10. You asked me to marry you (what a smart man you are!)
I am so thankful God brought this man into my life. He is a wonderful husband, brother, son, friend and soon to be father.
I love you, Jeff!
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so sweet.
Post a Comment