Thursday, September 23, 2010

3 Random Things

1. I love babies in footy pajamas! Especially on this little guy! Thanks Aunt Jodi for the cool NASA pj's. I am glad I tried them on tonight because I don't think they would fit if I waited until he was actually 3 months old. Apparently my almost 6 week old is a big boy!


Look how long my boy is!
 2.  I finally got around to decorating the kitchen.  I was feeling pretty good about the progress I was making and happy that I have been able to use accessories that I already own until I asked for Jeff's opinion. Stupid me just had to know what he thought--he thought it was too girly.  That one little word has made me rethink the whole design scheme and I have spent most of Andrew's naps today trying to rethink a more neutral decor scheme.  After much thought and searching of the internet, I decided to stick with my gut and use the things that I love (and already own).  I know that when all is said and done he will be happy with the end result.  What was I thinking allowing a man who wears camo shorts with every shirt he owns (dress shirts and stripes not excluded) to question my taste in design anyway?

Here is a picture of my work in progress.  I still don't have it where I want it but I do love that plate rack with the red plates.

3.  I watched the sweetest movie today that I highly recommend.  Letters to God is about a little boy who has cancer and writes letters to God and mails via post office. I cried my eyes out during the end credits when they showed people touched by cancer.  I could not stop thinking of my friend Seth who died when we were nineteen years old from leukemia.  Just like this little boy, Seth's life touched many.  My fellow Deer Runner's, if you watch this movie make sure you have tissues close by because you will need them.  Friends, I cried like it was my job today as I watched the end credits roll.  Even if you are not a fan of tearjerkers, I highly recommend this movie.  The story and message are wonderful for everyone to watch. 

2 comments:

Jodi said...

1. Love the pj's. And tell him I said to quit growing up. Seriously. :)
2. Kitchen looks GREAT. Jeff will love it. Tell him I said... :)
3. I'll have to wait on the movie, although I do want to see it. Have to mentally psych myself up I think for a few months....

Marianne said...

Footed pajamas are the best!! Oh by the way, Andrew is REALLY cute!! Love your bedding. Can't wait to see the finished product.