Monday, September 20, 2010

Andrew: One Month


Andrew- One Month
September 16, 2010 marked the one month birthday for our boy Andrew.  I never thought in a million years that I would feel the way I did the day he turned a month old.  Honestly it was a bittersweet day.  The tears flowed freely as I realized that a full 30 days has gone by since the day he was born.  Time passes way too quickly and I find myself begging the Lord to slow down the growing process just a bit. I can't seem to soak up enough of the newborn phase.  I find myself wanting to cherish every single moment with our precious boy.


Baby Acme was rough on Andrew

I absolutely love being a mother.  I feel complete like I have finally found my true ministry in life.  I told Jeff the first day that I was made to be a mother.  These words I continue to find myself repeating over the past few weeks.  Sleepless nights, fussy times, dirty diapers, pee in your face and spit up in your hair are all part of the motherhood experience that I find myself laughing through and knowing one day I will miss greatly.  These are the moments I prayed for as we waited for the Lord to bless us with a child.  These are the moments I try not to take for granted since I know so many girls longing for these memories as well.


Father & Son nap time

My favorite time of day is the times that I rock my baby in his room.  It seems like it is in these moments that time stands still.  I cherish the little hand that reaches up to grab my hair to twirl as he falls asleep.  Or the little sigh that he gives right before he falls into a deep sleep.  Truly, truly precious memories that I hope to never forget.

Many times this month, I find myself standing next to Andrew's crib thanking the Lord above for blessing us with Baby Andrew.  My poor baby has been baptised in my tears of joy more than I care to admit. I find myself in a constant state of praise for all the Lord has done for us. 


Andrew LOVES getting a bath!
Bath time, cuddles, family nap time and first smiles are all the things that I pray I never take for granted.  I will carry them with me for the rest of my life. 


One Month Doctor Visit


Andrew's one month stats as of 9-16-10

Pounds: 10.9
Inches: 22




We are truly grateful for the opportunity to raise and love on Andrew Jon--he is a precious gift that we never want to take for granted. 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I just posted Will's 5 month, so I'm realizing they're only 4 months apart...fun! You are so wise to remind yourself to soak it all in. I feel like I already have forgotten some of the early days...for Will!!! It does go fast and the sleep deprivation does weird things. So try hard to remember everything you can! So happy for you!

*Kendra* said...

Super cute! Can't wait to meet him!

The McCarter Family said...

Love all the pics...my fav is the bath one! He has a look of exhiliration! I'm so happy for you! I find myself praying that time slows down with my kids too! I'm so glad that you are cherishing the newborn stage...you will definitely miss it!!!

Marianne said...

There is nothing as sweet as a baby!!! You are wise to cherish every moment. Jeff looks so content with Andrew napping on his chest. Precious times.

Love you!!!

Jodi said...

PRECIOUS. Praise Him! Praise Him!