Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Few Firsts Happening Here

We are trying to find our groove around here for outings outside of the house.  This has been pretty easy to plan because he is still so young and typically will sleep for two hours after his feedings. 

Our first big outing was to Jason's Deli to celebrate Andrew's 2nd week on earth and to cure Mom of an intense case of cabin fever.  Once I fed him, we hurried to the restaurant where I am happy to report he stayed asleep until we arrived back at the house.



We also headed to church for the first time this past weekend.  This has been our biggest adventure of all by far.  I thought I had planned it out just right but was I ever so wrong.  The plan was for me to wake up early enough that I could get a shower and dry my hair before Andrew's next scheduled feeding.  Unfortunately when I got out of the shower, Andrew was screaming in his crib.  I wrapped my hair in a towel and quickly started to feed him.  This day, he decided that he would take his time eating so by the time we finished I had 5 minutes to spare before we had to walk out the door.  Thankfully my hair curled up after sitting in a towel for almost an hour and I still had my traveling make up bag packed from the hospital so both were quickly done in the car.


One word to describe my look: frazzled.

A funny story that happened while at church.  Andrew is a big tooter when he eats, after he eats and before he eats.  Basically this boy toots like no ones business.  The boy has very manly, very loud toots.  One of his feedings fell in the middle of church so I was fully prepared with bottle in hand to sit on the back row and feed our boy.  During his feeding our pastor gets up to pray and begin his sermon.  My son thought this would be a good time to let em rip.  Not just one or two but possibly close to a dozen, very loud, very manly toots came a flying.  His Nannie and Poppy, who were sitting two rows in front of us heard their precious grandson tooting up a storm.  I was trying not to laugh out loud but had silent laughter tears rolling down my cheeks.  Neither Jeff nor I could look at each other because the silent laughter would have become full on belly laugh. Imagine, his first Sunday at church and he is already acting up during the prayer.  Sadly all those toots were the result of a very loaded diaper being made so a quick exit was made to remedy the situation.  I am very happy we chose to sit on the back row and not our usual 3 rows from the front. 

Here is a quick video of a new trick Andrew discovered tonight.  Someone needs to tell this boy that he is only three weeks old and shouldn't be able to do the things he is already doing.

1 comment:

The McCarter Family said...

WOW! Very talented young man!!!