Today I was typing the "Sunday Word" post when Jeff walked in the room. He says, "Oh are you writing about me again?"
I said, "No not today."
"Why? I thought I was your blog material. Am I not good enough anymore?"
To which I replied, "Yeah, when you keep saying stuff like that I guess you are great blog material."
So for his birthday I do what any good wife with there own blog does, I make a post in honor of Jeff.
Jeff's favorite song these days is "Rock Star" by Nickel back. He knows every single word and sings them proudly. And when I saw this post today I knew there was no greater post for my husband on his birthday.
So in honor of my favorite Rock Star, on his birthday, I give you his list.
1. He knows every single word to every Van Halen song ever made.
2. If he doesn't know the lyrics he makes up his own. His version of the lyrics are hilarious and often make me laugh very, very loud. (And for those of you who know me and know my tendency for loud laughter can only imagine the sound that echos through our car or house during these times)
3. He is loyal.
4. He knows when to say no when he has too much on his plate.
5. He listens more than he speaks. But when he speaks, people stop to listen because you know if he is speaking up then he must have something important to say.
6. He can perform the dance called the "White Man's Overbite" better than any man out there.
7. He likes to perform this dance when I am in a bad mood. I start laughing and the bad mood slips away.
8. He spends wisely. I found a Christmas card from my grandparents two years ago when cleaning out one of his drawers, the money they gave him is still there. When I asked if he was going to use it he says, " When I find something I can't live without I am there."
9. He is a great uncle which can only mean he will be a great father one day.
10. He loves me warts and all.
And now for my newest favorite picture of Jeff.
We were having a party this weekend for his parent's 40th anniversary. I had a bunch of songs downloaded to the IPOD so we could party like it's 1967. I downloaded the Beach Boys, "California Girls" in honor of niece Hayley who was born in Cali. Her sweet Uncles Jumped at a chance to dance with Miss Hayley. I will let the picture speak for itself.
Happy Birthday Jeff! Thank you for all the joy that you have brought into my life!
Oh, by the way, if you aren't going to use that money my grandparents gave you, can I have it? I have my eye on a cute little dress that I saw today while shopping in the mall...without you to nag me! :)
Yeah, yeah I know...wait until it goes on clearance.
Sigh...
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Cousin Jeff!
Happy Birthday Jeff! From a fellow Van Halen adoring fan...
Sus-that was a sweet post, Sweet picture, and GORGEOUS dress.
Awwwww! That's so sweet. And might I say what fun I could have with you guys since I too know all VH lyrics AND LOVE to make up my own as well. That is one of our family's most very favorite passtimes in fact. Some day I'll have to post the lyrics to "Wedgie Tales," (a take off on Veggie Tales.) Happy Birthday to your guy!
Happy Birthday Jeff... hope you had a GREAT day... ~ kim
Post a Comment