Monday, January 21, 2008

Two Our Better Than One



Sweet Friends,

I prayed for you this weekend. And thanks to some creative genius on my part, was able to take a picture of myself actually praying for you guys. I'm sorry but I am very proud of this picture and also choosing to ignore the start of the Cagle double chin. Oh well, it comes at some point in all of our lives.


Moving on...


This past week has taught me that Christain community is a blessing. A real honest to goodness blessing. I am blessed by all your encouragement, phone calls, emails and by just being my friend.


My prayer for each of my friends (real and blogging) is that you would not be afraid to admit when you need a friend. There is nothing and I mean nothing wrong with saying "Help Me!"


I did that this week and God brought many of my friends to my aid; for this I am thankful.


But more than that, I have been real with God. I have woke up almost every morning the past few days asking the Lord to make Himself known to me in a powerful way this week. And He is faithful, so very faithful.


I have poured my deepest desires at the Lord's feet and I have been blessed.


This tape series has been a huge blessing. I pray you take the time to listen to the whole series. If you have an IPOD, you can download and listen in the car or while you are cleaning your house, or while you are working out. I enjoy listening to these often and will turn it on at any given moment.


I have also been blessed by reading my Bible daily. Jeff and I have started reading the One Year Chronological Bible and later discuss over dinner. Jeff and I don't normally have discussions like this, we usually are glued to Fox News during the dinner meal. But this new year we are changing all of that. We read separately and then discuss together during the meal and boy it has been a blessing.


I just wanted to say thanks for being you, for walking beside me and not against me, for loving me where I am at and encouraging me every step of the way.


So sweet friends, let me finish by saying this, be a blessing to those in your daily lives. Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need. And don't be afraid to pick up the phone to check in with the friends in your life especially if God is laying them on your heart. They made need your encouragement and they may just need you to listen. Nothing wrong with just sitting and listening, truly listening, to friends in their time of need. I wonder why we always feel like we have to have all the answers? Human nature I guess. That is one I pray about constantly. To listen more than I speak.



I challenge you to go out make it a great week being a blessing to those in your daily life!



Smile You're On Candid Camera!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man, I'm way behind in commenting.

We're definitely thinking of and praying for you guys in the journey you're on. The longing for a child is a pain and heartache that is so difficult to understand until you're walking in it. Thanks for being authentic while walking in it.

PS: SO impressed by the deal on the stockings!

Melissa Taylor said...

You have such a sweet spirit Susan. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers. Also, I just wanted to give my condolences for the Chargers - I was rooting for you guys. Bummer.

Tracy said...

I love this post :)


and just for the record, we ALSO shopped at ashley's :)....we didn't buy anything though at either place.

i heart ashley's

Amber Smith said...

Susan,
You have continually been in my thoughts over the last several months. What a blessing to have such supportive friends that you can call on when you need help! I SO understand what you are going through right now and will add you to my prayer list. I would love to talk with you some time.

Amber :)