Tuesday, May 20, 2008





I just finished this book late last night. If you have never read the Mitford Series then you are missing out on a sweet experience. You fall in love with Father Tim from the very first adventure in the little town of Mitford. I guarantee you these books will not disappoint you.

Home to Holly Springs is the first novel that follows up the Mitford set. I have been wanting to read this for over a year but could not get my hands on it at the library. I was on a waiting list a mile long and because I am super frugal I did not go out and buy it, instead I waited patiently for my turn. Something in me knew that when it became my turn that it would be well worth the wait.

Honestly, I think God used this book to speak directly to my heart. If you know me well, then you know that I have a hard time letting go and trusting God with my future. Over this past year, the lesson God has taught me more than anything is to rest in Him and enjoy life one day at a time. And by doing this, life has taken on a much sweeter aroma. I find great pleasure in the little things that happen in our life, I relish each new day and try to make the most of the season that God has placed before me.

Here is a quote that I had to stop and read to Jeff. To set the stage, Father Tim is talking to Jessica his childhood neighbor, they both are only children but longed to have a sibling.

"I remember you always wanted a brother, and I always wanted a sister." She was pensive for a moment. "But you know what?"

"What?"

"I think th' whole point of life is to know God, and be able to accept the way things turn out."


(Home to Holly Springs, page 121)

That dear friends, sums up the way that Jeff and I are learning to view life these days. We are happy, we are content and find joy with the path that God has laid out before us.

I believe it is because we have stopped rushing His plan and enjoying the life He has given us today, in this present moment, that we are able to find true, deep seeded joy.

I am blessed, so richly blessed.

How 'bout you?

5 comments:

*Kendra* said...

I can honestly admit that I am a bad blogger friend and don't comment near enough as I should. I usually catch up at work and try not to stay on blogs too long! :)
Been thinking about you/praying for you lately and are glad you are enjoying life as God has it for you right now. And, by the way, I'm going to buy that book tonight. I love the Mitford Series and can't wait to read this new one!

Jodi said...

I SO have to get that book! I didn't know it existed... I love the Mitford Series!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I'll have to look for that one. Your blog is so encouraging!

The McCarter Family said...

My mom reads these books. I'll have to take time to read them. Thanks for always sharing your books and music on here! You're right, you are so blessed and so am I! Take care, girl!

Susie said...

Loved this series, and Home to Holly Springs did not let me down. So good!