Last night, I decided that I would go one night without straightening our apartment.
I went to bed at 11:30 but was up between the hours of 3-5.
I think I suffer from insomnia.
I skipped my daily run with Jeff and slept in.
Around 10 this morning my phone started to ring off the wall.
I was still in bed.
I jumped up to answer it all business like "This Is Susan, how can I help you?"
It was one of my co-workers...they were coming over in an hour to pick up a few pictures for one of our stores.
CRAP!!!
In the middle of showering, brushing my teeth and throwing my apartment in some sort of order I realized this is why I try to stick to a night and morning routine.
It never fails, the day or night I slack off is the day that every single one of my co-workers has to drop by with hardly any notice.
Nightly Routine:
Clean Kitchen
Start Dishwasher
Clean off Desk, Couch and Pick up misc items around the living room.
Wipe down bathroom sink, put a load of dirty clothes in washer to start in morning.
Hang up clothes in bedroom and clear off any clutter spots.
Brush teeth, wash face, quiet time.
Morning Routine:
Workout
Eat Breakfast
Unload Dishwasher
Start Laundry
Shower and Dress (sometimes make up and hair, most days I go all natural)
Drink Cup of Coffee while reading email and blogs
Start work
By doing these few things at night and in the morning, it eliminates the running around trying to collect myself when co-workers stop by.
I guess it is what I can expect when my office is inside my living room a few feet from our kitchen.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment