Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Good Things to Share

I have come across a few quotes that I love and thought you would love them too.

An interview of Sara Groves in Life Beautiful Magazine, Summer 2008:

" A woman approached Sara and gave her a piece of paper that she has kept to this day. On it were words the woman said were straight from the heart of God. Sara resisted the cynicism she felt rising inside when she first received the note, instead willing herself to "stay open" and consider the woman's message. "[The note] told me to let God define 'normal' for me," Sara says. "It told me that my normal might not look like everyone else's normal and that was okay."

My theme verse that I have recently adopted, Ephesians 2:10

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I find that when I am open to the plans God has for me I am content in the waiting. Not only am I content but I am joyful and joy leads to perfect peace.

I gave up long ago trying to define the plans God had for me. Throughout my life there is evidence time and time again that God's plans for my are different from my peers. I am on a different path and I am okay with that-truly.

It helps to know that God knew in advance what I would be doing today. He knew what my hopes would be and He knew what struggles I would face in this present moment. I believe that all of these are working for a bigger cause than I could ever imagine. I choose to live in the moment because that is all that I that God asks of me. The proof of this is found in Matthew 6:34, "Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."

I choose to let God write my story however He chooses fit. I trust His plans and look forward to how the future will unfold.

No comments: