Thursday, November 05, 2009

Gratitude: Day Four

Today I am grateful for being at the right place at the right time.

Or am I?

There are moments where ministering to others is full of blessings; while other days it feels like someone is punching you in the gut over and over.

Today falls somewhere in between a blessing and a punch to the gut.

Sigh...

I don't really feel like it would be very fair to divulge today's events for all the blog to read. All I can say is that no matter how rough it gets, I know I was right where I needed to be. I find much gratitude in being used.


I pray every single day for the Lord to use me and to reveal why things continue to be at a stand still. I pray to be used and in all things for God's glory to be revealed. Today I believe He revealed to me a big peace of the plan. I am grateful for this yet am still wondering why me?

Double sigh...

The gratitude comes from knowing that I am not responsible for the results. The gratitude comes from knowing a door opened a door for us to help and we seized the moment together. The gratitude comes from knowing that this person would trust us enough to seek our advice. The gratitude comes from knowing that God knew in advance that this day would come with all of it's complexities and that He already knows the outcome. The gratitude comes from believing that God is in ALL things, working out good for those who love Him. The gratitude comes from realizing that this young girl needed not just me but Jeff today and we both rose to the challenge. The gratitude comes from realizing that in some strange way Jeff and I acted like parents even in the waiting, God has given us many opportunities to parent this one girl.

Today I am grateful that God gave us this opportunity today to be used for His glory.

I am filled with gratitude.

No comments: