My plan was to post yesterday. As you can see, I did not post yesterday. Why? Because yesterday was a long, full day of activity.
In fact, Monday and Tuesday have both been very long days. I am looking forward to a less hectic schedule the rest of the week.
Which brings me to today's gratitude entry.
Monday before my Biblical Counseling class at church, Jeff calls my friend AJ's cell to give her a message. The message, "Front door knob broke-please enter through backdoor." What?!? I was not sure I could enter through the back. I left class an hour early because I needed to get home to finish a project for a meeting I had on Tuesday. I am sooooo glad I did.
While putting on comfy clothes, I heard a click, click, click sound. I thought someone was breaking in to our apartment. I told myself not to freak out. Afterall, I do own a gun and I do know how to use it. I heard the click, click, click again and realized that it didn't sound like it was coming from the front door and it didn't sound like a click, click, click but a drip, drip, drip. I stepped into the bathroom and felt the wet carpet under my feet. Yes, our brand new carpet was soaking wet.
The culprit of the drip, drip, drip....the hot water heater.
Long story short, I called our emergency maintenance hot line and Bill, the head handy man came to check it out. When he called me it was 11 at night. I felt horrible for him because he was not usually on call for emergencies and since he is close to my grandfather's age knew he was probably asleep or going to bed quickly. But at the same time, I was thankful that it was Bill coming to my rescue since he is the most reliable and capable of the two maintenance men.
Long story even shorter, he came, he fixed the hot water heater and would not leave until he changed out the front door. It was past midnight when he left. Bless his heart.
You can see why I would pick Bill to be my gratitude entry # 2. What a blessing to have someone who is reliable, safe and willing to go the extra mile for us.
Thanks Bill for taking such good care of us over the last 7 years. You are a blessing to us and so many others!
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment