Wednesday, February 03, 2010

My Closet Runneth Over

I have been so blessed with the generosity of those around me who are passing down their maternity wears to me. My closet runneth over.



The first week after my aunt found out I was having a baby she got three big bags full of clothes from a friend at work. I immediately started to wear the maternity jeans because they were more comfortable than regular ole jeans and I didn't have to undo buttons on the way to the potty. In the stash of clothes was this shirt. It makes me laugh!




And let me take a moment to discuss my hair! Ever since I found out I was preggo, it has grown in volume, not in length. It is the strangest thing. I have gone from volume-i-zing my hair to de-frizzing my hair. I just find it funny that even the texture of my hair has changed in the past 3 months.

Okay, back to the clothes.

My sweet cousin Paige loaned me her maternity wardrobe, two big plastic bins worth. Oh how grateful I am to you, P! I took a picture Saturday night while I was sorting through them because I just enjoyed seeing all the piles of clothes to last me through the whole nine months. Especially in light of the fact that my husband has been known to ask a pregnant friend, "Isn't one pair of pants enough to last the whole pregnancy?" (That was over a year ago and you can bet your bottom dollar I started praying this would not be his philosophy during my pregnancy)



I am grateful to have a closet that runneth over, thanks to the generosity of my aunt and cousin.

You girls ROCK!!!

And Mr. Budget, thanks you too! :)

5 comments:

Lemonade Lady said...

Please tell me you are NOT wearing that shirt in public! Too funny!

Rachel said...

I wore Paige's clothes, too! She rocks! Glad to know another cousin will get to look cute in them. I'm guessing that t-shirt wasn't Paige's, though. Or was it?

Pearson Family said...

AND why wouldn't you think that shirt belonged to me??? LOL! You are so welcome Susan. I hope some of it isn't too worn, or stained, or stretched!!! 3 pregnancies with 2 different seasons, and many different starting sizes..... you should have enough to carry you through!

I am happy to celebrate with you! And remember...your mom borrowed my mom's. I love that.

Julie said...

I am just so glad that you get to write this kind of post! Thank you God for answers to long prayed prayers!!

Mayhem And Miracles said...

I haven't checked in on blogs in months! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I just KNEW "it" was going to happen eventually! (I mean the pregnancy, not the "thing" leading to it!) I'm SO SO excited for you!!!