Thursday, September 02, 2010

Introducing Andrew

This is our sweet baby, Andrew. The proof that God answers prayers and that good things do happen to those who wait.  I am loving every minute of being a new mom.  My favorite part is that newborn smell and the middle of the night cuddle times. I know these two things will not last forever so I am soaking up every single minute.

We are blessed beyond measure.  Andrew is a great sleeper and a good eater.  His pediatrician summed it up nicely the other day by describing him as laid back.  Don't get me wrong, he has his fussy moments but that quickly can be remedied with a bottle of breast milk.  (Yes, I said bottle--the boy is slow to nurse but thrives on a bottle. He's gaining weight and doing well so I'm good with that) 



He has his Daddy wrapped around his little finger.  One of my favorite things EVER is to listen to Jeff have guy talks with his son.  I hope to capture one of these talks on video but Jeff is not the type to perform on command so I will have to be tricky about it. The benefit to having a son who takes pumped bottles is that his Daddy can bond with his son while helping feed and the added bonus of  Jeff taking the night shift on the weekends.  This is a huge blessing to me since during the week I fly solos at night and most of the days. 


Thankfully our son thrives on routine and is slowly starting to get a routine of his own.  My favorite part of his routine is his nightly bath.  Andrew loves the water (again just like Daddy) and nothing relaxes this kid more than his sponge baths.  Baths are a great blessing in our house.

We thank God daily for blessing us with this sweet boy.  We have fallen head over heels with this little guy.  What a blessing he is to our family! 



Thank you Lord for answering our prayers for a baby!  We thank you for all that you have done and all that you are going to do in his life!

8 comments:

jaymie said...

so glad you posted! I am not on fb so I've been missing out on all of this. I was about to have to call you and say BLOG THIS BOY!!!

He's so cute!! YEAH FOR MORE COUSINS!!!!

Maurine said...

He is beautiful, but that's not a surprise! I'm so happy for the two of you. What great parents you are!

ASC said...

He is beautiful! What a little blessings from God! Rejoicing with you!

Lemonade Lady said...

I absolutely adore my newest Crowning Glory! He is a great addition to our family - and is a much loved little man! I shed tears of joy often watching you and Jeff parent. You are naturals! Having a child changes your entire perspective of life - and you are never ever the same! (And you don't want to be!) Kiss him for Lynnie!

The McCarter Family said...

I can't tell you how happy I am for you! He is just perfect! What a blessing!

Jodi said...

Oh, how I love him already. And you are a rockstar! :) Keep up the fabulous work, there, Momma!!

Kelly said...

LOVE this! Congratulations on your long-awaited blessing! May he be a testimony to your faith and a promise to many others. And a super-big YAYYYY for Daddys that get to help with feedings! We're big fans of those around here as well. :)

Amber Smith said...

I have been checking your blog to hear about your new life with Andrew. I am so incredibly happy for you and thankful to God for blessing you with this sweet boy. So so precious! Children are a gift.